ICEbear JTAG adapter
The ICEbear adapter is a cost effective and stable development tool for
flash programming or debugging mainly Blackfin based hardware.
It is simply connected to the programming PC via an USB 2.0 cable. It is powered by a widely used JTAG chip engine. Its power is unveiled by a set of optimized software tools listed below.
- Support for Linux (32/64 bit), Windows 2000/NT/XP. Please see Software page for details.
- High speed downloads, typical 120 kB/s up to 1MB/s (ICEbearPlus).
- Fast flash programming (up to 100 kB/s). See BFloader in the Software section
- Loading and debugging of executables. Debugger support: GDB, Insight (Graphical debugger)
- Well suited for standalone development and kernel debugging
- Supports Xilinx and Lattice FPGA programming (see XC3SPROG)
- Automated system testing (memory tests, own applications)
- Proof for production environment. Quite a few medical and automotive suppliers use the ICEbear (references on request)
- Add-on packages (Python Scripting) on request
|Supported CPUs (in brackets: CPU types
that are compatible, but not extensively tested):
Special functionality available on request:
- ADSP-BF50x on request (1.51 developer beta)
- ADSP-BF51x (v1.5 release)
- ADSP-BF533, BF531, (BF532) , ADSP-BF534
- ADSP-BF536, BF537, BF539, BF539F4 (BF538)
- ADSP-BF561 dual core
- ADSP-BF592 (v1.5 release)
- Multi device chain support (Xilinx, ADI, etc., ICEbear Plus only)
Well tested and supported platforms:
- SHARC 2116X (Boundary Scan/Flash tool)
- ARM-Support via OpenOCD
- Generic boundary scan solution
- Hardware-Testing via Boundary Scan
- Embedded ICEbear: License our software to run on your embedded target directly.
The ICEbear basically works on all platforms with ADI compatible
JTAG connectors that are designed according to Analog Devices'
application note EE-68.
- EZKIT Lite ADSP-BF533, BF527, BF537, BF548 and BF561
- STAMP BF533/537
- SRV-1 Robot core module (www.surveyor.com)
- CM-BF527/533/537/561(v1 and v2) from Bluetechnix
Note that the ICEbear is not
supported by Visual DSP as a debug target.
You can use the ICEbear in conjunction with VDSP with constraints:
- Fast flash programming of binary LDR files
- Assembly debugging VDSP code via GDB
It is also possible to use the ICEbear with various OpenSource tools, however, we can not provide support for that. See this website for more information
[ Download Manual
] [ Download Software ] [ Get Support
|Status notes / current news|
|Low Stock (<10 units)
ICEbearPlus (highspeed) without extended customer support
The ICEbearPlus JTAG adapter has the following software support:
- All functionality from the ICEbear classic package
- Standard customer support via email and forum
- Limited support for multiple device JTAG chains. Please contact us for special custom hardware support packages
||Payment: Wire transfer within Europe
||Quick Payment via PayPal/Credit card (US), standard registered shipping.
Swiss customers: please switch language to German for specific options.
VAT is normally charged by your local custom authorities.
If you have general questions, you may use
form as well.
- Shipping statement of € 20 added inside
European community, US$ 30 outside.
- We ship via SwissPost Priority Plus, you will receive a
tracking number on shipment. Delivery takes 3-7 work days inside
Europe, 4-8 days outside.
- If you desire different shipping options, please use the order form and specify desired method and your order.
- When using wire transfer, you must cover all transaction
Legacy ICEbear hardware support
The ICEbear classic has been superseded by the ICEbearPlus since 2012. However, the software will continue support for all older units.
Note that color and cable style may change without notice.
A few user reports
 Some OEM variants may have support for debugging with dedicated boards. Please contact your vendor or section5 for details